You start to panic. You’ve got to be at the airport in a few hours, and you’re locked out of your house. What are you going to do?
The first thing you should do is stay calm. It’s not the end of the world. There are a few things you can do to get yourself out of this situation.
1. Call a local emergency locksmith
Your local emergency locksmith should be able to come to your house and gain access for you without damaging the door.
2. Ask a neighbour or friend for help
Most people have a friend or neighbour with a spare key to their house, so initially they can let you in & then oversee a locksmith change the locks whilst you’re away, if you can’t.
Change Your Locks
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid a lost key emergency before going on holiday:
- Make sure you have a spare set of keys. This is the best way to avoid being locked out of your house.
- Keep your spare keys in a safe place – consider having a keysafe fitted, if you don’t want to leave them with a friend or neighbour.
- If you do lose your keys, don’t panic. Call a friendly local locksmith, like City Locksmiths in Newport, and get your locks changed.
One of our clients recently had this scenario & here’s their testimonial:
“We had lost a set of keys shortly before we were due to go away on holiday. Nick at City Locksmiths did an amazing job, managing to squeeze in both a visit to quote the work and then the actual work to change the locks so that we were able to get away on holiday with the peace of mind of knowing our property was safe. Thanks Nick!”